Kanguru is pleased to announce its achievement of Common Criteria Certification (EAL2+) for secure, hardware encrypted USB flash drives with global remote management, placing Kanguru Defender® at the forefront in USB data security.
“Achieving Common Criteria together with our FIPS 140-2 Certifications propels Kanguru’s secure USB solutions to a whole new level,” says Kanguru’s CEO, Don Brown, “It demonstrates Kanguru’s commitment to excellence and its pledge to deliver the best in trusted USB data security solutions for our global clients.”
Common Criteria is an international information security accreditation process mutually recognized by 27 different member nations through the CCRA (Common Criteria Recognition Agreement), and has a much wider review process of overall product design, lifecycle support, and functionality than FIPS 140-2 which is focused primarily on cryptography. In the context of Kanguru’s certification, it covers the secure USB flash drive and remote management software from product inception to final deployment, taking an all-encompassing look at the software, hardware, and firmware implementations. Ultimately, nearly every aspect and process which goes into the design, development, release, and support of a product is reviewed and scrutinized.
The specific products covered in the Common Criteria certification are:
- Kanguru Defender 2000 (FIPS 140-2 Level 3)
- Kanguru Defender Elite200 (FIPS 140-2 Level 2 & physical write protect switch)
- Kanguru Remote Management Console and Provisioning Application – Enterprise Edition
“Kanguru’s Defender USB platform is now the only Common Criteria and FIPS certified solution in the world. By combining two distinct security certifications conducted in two different countries (United States and Germany), Kanguru’s international customers can be assured that we are committed to securing their sensitive information,” says Kanguru’s Executive VP, Product Management, Nate Cote.
Common Criteria Certified Kanguru Defender Secure USB drives support:
- Robust 256-bit AES hardware encryption
- Onboard Anti-Virus protection
- Windows, Mac, Linux support
- Worldwide remote management
- Password security protection
Kanguru Remote Management features:
- Tracking and management of assigned USB drives worldwide
- Remote delete / disable lost or stolen drives
- Manage online / offline permissions
- Password and security profile management
- Audit and reporting functionality
To learn more about Kanguru Defender secure USB drives and remote management with Common Criteria and FIPS 140-2 certification, see Common Criteria and FIPS 140-2 Certified Secure USB Flash Drives by Kanguru.