Crazybaby, an audio company focused on the intersection of emotion, sound and devices, today announced Mars by Crazybaby, the first levitation speaker system with a subwoofer. Designed as a floating spaceship speaker, Mars will take off when fully charged and self-land when power is low, and is a wireless and portable speaker with hi-fi sound.
“While many audio products on the market feature either good sound quality, cool design or an affordable price, no product delivers all three – until now,” said Linda Zhao, co-founder, Crazybaby. “We created Mars to offer an innovative, affordable, and visually captivating speaker with an unparalleled listening experience.”
The UFO-shaped Mars speaker system incorporates Gravitron® technology by Levitation Arts, aptX™ codec by CSR and Bluetooth 4.0 by SIG.
“Gravitron® is our patented, state-of-the-art levitation technology. We are excited that Crazybaby is using it to enhance the consumer experience of their great speaker and melding it with a cool elegant design,” said Karen Sherlock, CEO and Co-Founder of Levitation Arts.
The Mars speaker system features the levitating Mars Craft and the subwoofer Base Station. With a 1.75-inch full range speaker driver along with a 4.5-inch subwoofer, Mars delivers high fidelity sound.
Additional Waterproof Mars Craft features include:
- Hi-fi Sound Powered by aptX®, a proprietary audio coding technology that provides the same quality as a CD over Bluetooth.
- Hi-fi quality includes 200Hz-20KHz for the Mars Craft and 50Hz-180Hz for the Mars base.
- 360 Degree Sound Projection assures that everyone gets the same sound anywhere in the room.
- Ultrathin and lightweight, the portable design weighs 1.5 pounds and measures 120 mm in diameter and is a thin 33 mm in height.
- Airline quality aluminum, the Craft is durable as well as waterproof to IPX7 standard, which allows for immersion in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of three feet.
- The Mars Craft charges automatically by just placing the Craft on the Base. When power is low, the Craft lands and charges to full capacity then levitates to signal a full charge.
- Innovative design: with a floating spaceship design, the Mars system is a beautifully crafted piece of art and an instant conversation piece for the tech-savvy home.
- Auto Volume: the Bluetooth module inside Mars Craft detects the distance between itself and the connected device, and adjusts volume based on distance.
- High-Sensitivity Microphone features a built-in high-sensitivity wideband electret microphone and Bluetooth pairing for high-quality audio, whether you are on a personal or conference call.
The Mars Base Station includes Gravitron® levitation technology in addition to the following features:
- Eight hours of continuous playback and features a built-in rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery in the base.
- Built in 10,000mAh battery will charge up to two devices at the same time.
With the Mars App (available for iOS and Android) consumers can:
- Select “Auto Volume” to adjust the volume based on your proximity to the Mars Base.
- Pair with and broadcast music to multiple Mars speakers at once. Consumers can pair two speaks for a true stereo experience.
Price and availability:
The Mars speaker system launches today on Crazybaby.com and on Indiegogo. To pre-order Mars, visit www.crazybaby.com. Mars will sell for $249. The first 500 supporters of the crowdfunding campaign that launches today can pre-order Mars for only $149. Devices will ship in April 2015.