This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Metroid Prime: Trilogy – Suit up! Your mission awaits! In this compilation that bundles three landmark Metroid Prime games (Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption), play as bounty hunter Samus Aran and experience the danger and intense action of facing adventure alone. Purchase and download Metroid Prime: Trilogy for 50 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 5.
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. – Demo Version – Download the free Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. demo and try the exciting new turn-based action strategy game before it launches on March 13. Developed by Intelligent Systems, the company behind the critically acclaimed Fire Emblemseries, the Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. game lets you command a strike team of unexpected heroes – assembled by Abraham Lincoln himself!
- Gunman Clive 2 – In this stylish sequel, travel around the world as Gunman Clive and fight samurai, dinosaurs and giant robots. Click hereto watch a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii UandNintendo3DS
- Shadow of the Ninja – In AD 2029, Emperor Garuda rules with a cruel iron fist. Two fearless ninjas head out into the night to put an end to his evil reign. In this NES classic, play solo or with a friend as you run, jump and slash through 16 stages of hostile enemy territory. Shadow of the Ninja is now available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
- New Animal Crossing: New Leaf Items
- Between Feb. 1 and Nov. 7, every two weeks Nintendo will release a new item that has only been available in the Japanese version ofAnimal Crossing: New Leaf. To get them, visit your nearest Nintendo Zone!
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- NintendoeShop on Wii UandNintendo3DS
- It’s the final week of the Throwback Sale! Save up to 50 percent on select games of past and current Nintendo console generations! Hurry, the sale ends at 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 5.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Mario’s Mighty Mustache
- Luigi’s Mighty Mustache
Also new this week:
- Frenchy Bird (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Rock ’N Racing Off Road (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Drop Zone – Under Fire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Jewel Quest The Sapphire Dragon (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- SUMICO (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.