This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- NintendoeShop onNintendo3DS
- Virtual Console onNintendo3DS
- Lufia: The Legend Returns – Join a cast of 12 playable characters in this classic Game Boy Color turn-based adventure filled with love, hope, terror and revenge. Complete quests to open up new paths, level up by battling monstrous enemies and gain new abilities by finding Ancient Texts hidden within dungeons and caves.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight – In this NES classic, Ken has retired from his glory days in the Street Fighter world, but he must return to his roots when he finds his friend missing. Jump, climb and fight past monstrous enemies as Ken teleports across the galaxy to set things right.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U andNintendo3DS
- The Throwback Sale is on! Generations of fun come together as we pair classic games from past Nintendo systems with their newer siblings on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Going on now until Feb. 5 at 8:59 a.m. PT, we’ll offer weekly discounts on select game pairings likeSuper Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Mario 3D World. Buy one or buy both games in each pairing – either way, you’ll get great savings during the sale. Check out www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers#throwback-sale for more details.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Loads of indie hits are now on sale during the Super Indie Connection Sale #2. Now through 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 29, fans who own any of the participating games already – or purchase one at full price during the promotion – qualify to receive 60 percent off any of the other participating games. Check out http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more details.
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham for Wii U has been reduced to $39.99 (from $49.99).
- The LEGO Movie Videogame for Wii U has been reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99).
- LEGO The Hobbit for Wii U has been reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99).
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham for Nintendo 3DS has been reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99).
- Soccer Up 3D for Nintendo 3DS has been reduced to $2.99 (from $6.99).
Also new this week:
- Electronic Super Joy: Groove City (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Family Tennis SP (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- uWordsmith (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Asterix The Mansions of the Gods – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Best of Mahjong (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Soccer Up Online (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Space Lift Danger Panic! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Quell Memento (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available Jan. 16
- WRC Official Game of the FIA World Rally Championship – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu orhttp://www.nintendo.com/3ds.