Xbox and the Forza franchise have teamed up with motorsport-lifestyle brand Hoonigan to bring some of the most iconic Hoonigan cars to Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3.
Fans who pre-order Forza Motorsport 7 digitally will receive Hoonigan Car Packs for both games at no additional cost. The Forza Horizon 3 Hoonigan Car Pack will become available on Aug. 15 for free in the Xbox Store for Forza Motorsport 7 pre-order customers, with the Forza Motorsport 7 Hoonigan Car Pack available to play on Sept. 29 for Ultimate Edition owners through early access, and Oct. 3 for Deluxe and Standard Edition owners.
- The Forza Horizon 3 Hoonigan Car Pack includes the 1965 Hoonigan Ford Mustang Hoonicorn RTR V2, 1979 Hoonigan Baldwin Motorsports “Loki” K5 Blazer, 1955 Hoonigan Chevrolet Bel Air, 1972 Hoonigan Chevrolet “Napalm Nova”, 1978 Hoonigan Ford Escort Mk2 RS1800, 1992 Hoonigan Mazda RX-7 Twerkstallion and 1991 Hoonigan Rauh-Welt Begriff Porsche 911 Turbo. The pack is also available for standalone purchase for $6.99.
- The Forza Motorsport 7 Hoonigan Car Pack includes the 1965 Hoonigan Ford Mustang Hoonicorn RTR V2, 1955 Hoonigan Chevrolet Bel Air, 1972 Hoonigan Chevrolet “Napalm Nova”, 1978 Hoonigan Ford Escort Mk2 RS1800, 1992 Hoonigan Mazda RX-7 Twerkstallion, 2003 Hoonigan Holden Commodore Ute, 1991 Hoonigan Rauh-Welt Begriff Porsche 911 Turbo and a set of in-game Hoonigan Driver Gear.
This is the latest of the collaborations between Forza and Hoonigan including last year’s debut of Gymkhana NINE, inspired by the in-game stunts of Forza Horizon 3, and the videogame debut of Ken Block’s 2016 Ford Focus RS RX #43 rally car in the Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain expansion. Today, Ken joins the family as an official Forza ambassador, and we’ll have more to share about additional joint events and film projects in the future.
“I’m really excited about the fact that we’re releasing a Hoonigan car pack with Forza,” said Block. “The fact that fans are going to be able to drive not just my twin-turbo, 1400 hp Hoonicorn RTR V2 that I’m running in Climbkhana, but also my Gymkhana Escort, is awesome. Plus being able to drive BJ’s Loki, [Brian] Scotto’s 911 and all of the other cars? None of us actually let anyone else drive our cars really, so this is definitely the best chance anyone’s going to have to get behind the wheels.”
Here’s a sneak peek at some additional Forza and Hoonigan content coming your way soon:
- Hoonigan Co-hosted Livestream – Join us on Tuesday, Aug. 15 at 2 p.m. on https://mixer.com/forzamotorsport for a livestream event direct from Hoonigan’s Donut Garage in Long Beach, CA. Cohosted by the Hoonigan and Forza teams, the stream will feature new gameplay with the Hoonigan cars and showcase a collection of the actual Hoonigan cars.
- Daily Transmission – Ahead of the livestream, the Forza Horizon 3 Hoonigan Car Pack will be featured in upcoming episodes of Hoonigan’s Daily Transmission show. Tune in on August 15th and 16th to see Hert & Kado explore the outback in their signature style.
- Climbkhana at Petersen Automotive Museum – Forza is proud to co-sponsor the premiere event of Ken Block’s highly anticipated “Toyo Tires presents Climbkhana: Pikes Peak,” at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles this September 24th. Climbkhana features Ken Block’s twin-turbo, 1400 horsepower 1965 Ford Mustang “Hoonicorn RTR V2,” which will tackle the 14,115-foot Pikes Peak in Colorado with Ken himself at the wheel. More information can be found on the Petersen Museum website.
Forza Motorsport 7 is available in Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate Editions, and launches worldwide on Oct. 3, 2017. Pre-order to start hooning!
Article Credit: Brian Ekberg, Forza Community Manager